This unique course will combine the teaching of the relevant basics of research methodology and the most updated methods for critical appraisal of clinical research.
The participants will be able to:
- Describe various study designs and learn about their limitations.
- List basic statistical concepts used to analyze quantitative health data.
- Evaluate the usefulness of a diagnostic test using various measures.
- Critically appraise articles about therapy, harm, prognosis and clinical prediction rule.
- Know the process of systematic reviews, meta-analysis and how data can be synthesized to determine clinical practice guidelines.
- Be familiar with the most recent on-line tools available for critical appraisal of systematic reviews and guidelines.
- Construct a focused research question as the first step in study design.
- Undertake literature search based on specific question.
The EBM-SPR Organizing Committee
Course Offering for 2016-2017
The Department of Pediatrics @ McMaster University will be offering once a week 6 Full days intensive course and workshop on Evidence Based Medicine starting from January 19th 2017. The course is free and open to all subspecialty fellows and residents in Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University. However, Since we have only limited spots available for this course, we would prefer those participants who could attend the whole course or minimum of four full days. You are invited to enrol in this course by registering through the link below. Once we have received your registration the committee will review and confirm your spot by email within one week.
This course is accredited by the Royal college Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for 35 CME credit hours under MOC Category 1.
Please note: The registration portal closes by 5 pm, December 16, 2016.
|EBM-SPR Course Registration||EBM-SPR Course Materials|