Neonatal Perinatal Medicine Program Residency Program Subcommittee – Research Terms of Reference
1. To develop and implement a program to support the residents in their achievement of standards related to scholarly activity and research.
2. To recommend criteria to determine success at achieving the required scholarly activity and research objectives according to royal college
3. To facilitate a liaison between the residency program and the research community within the Department and University by increasing the awareness of research opportunities and mentorship for residents.
4. To assist residents in identifying new projects for their scholarly activity and guide or assign research mentors for them.
5. To assist the residents in the application for funding of research projects.
6.To monitor the closely the scholarly activity progress of each resident and assist the Program Director in completing quarterly evaluation of scholarly activities.
7. To report to the Residency Program Committee at its regular meetings a summary of its deliberations and discussions, and to bring forward any recommendations requiring the input or approval of the Residency Program Committee.
8. The Sub Committee Chair nominated by the Residency Program Committee will chair the Research Subcommittee with a term of three years. The Sub Committee Chair will form their members, which include at least 3 faculty members and a resident with a term of one year.
9. The Research Sub Committee will meet quarterly or sooner with special meetings at the call of the Chair.
10. The Research Sub Committee Chair submits quarterly report to the Residency Program Committee at the next regular meeting of the RPC.
Version 1.1 Dated: November 15, 2016
Prepared by: Dr. Muzafar Gani Abdul Wahab
Approved by: The Residency Program Committee, Neonatal Perinatal Medicine
Approved on: November 15, 2016
|Recruitment Subcommittee||Curriculum Subcommittee|
|Competence Subcommittee||Research Subcommittee|