Neonatal Perinatal Medicine Program Residency Program Subcommittee – Competence – Terms of Reference
1. Monitoring ongoing compliance with, and to advise the Residency Program Committee regarding any such initiatives as may be required or advantageous to maintaining ongoing compliance with the General Standards of Accreditation for Residency Programs, in particular, Standard B6. Evaluation of Resident Performance.
2. To review, on a regular basis (every 3 months) the overall progress of each resident, including but not limited to the rotation specific ITERs, written assessments, academic participation, CanMEDS roles in achieving the required competencies set by the Program in accordance with Royal College OTR.
3. To review the overall performance of residents in the program on an annual basis for the purposes of recommending to the Residency Program Committee for promotion of the resident to the subsequent year of the program.
4. To assist the Program Director in completing the PEAP assessment (Pre Entry Assessment Period evaluation) for international graduates joining the program.
5. To assist the Program Director in completing the FITER of each resident to be submitted to the royal college.
6. To assist the Program Director in the design and implementation of any remedial training required by any resident in the program.
7. To monitor the compliance of faculty and residents with the required completion of evaluation, in a timely fashion, with all evaluations policies as established by the Residency Program Committee.
8. To review, on a regular basis, the teaching evaluations of faculty involved in the Residency Program and to make any necessary recommendations to the Chair of the Division.
9. To develop and recommend tools of evaluation as may be deemed appropriate and desirable to meet the requirements for evaluation.
10. To report to the Residency Program Committee at its regular meetings a summary of its deliberations and discussions, and to bring forward any recommendations requiring the input or approval of the Residency Program Committee.
11. The Subcommittee Chair nominated by the Residency Program Committee will chair the Competency Committee with a term of three years. The Sub Committee Chair will form the members of the Subcommittee, which include at least 3 faculty members.
12. The Competency Committee will meet quarterly or sooner with special meetings at the call of the Chair.
13. The Competency Committee Chair submits quarterly report to the Residency Program Committee at the next regular meeting of the RPC.
14. In regards to appeal process, the Competency Committee Chair will be at level 1 representing the Residency Program Committee, when there is no agreement arrived after the program director / supervisor / student meetings and appeal process was initiated by the student. The recommendations / remediation plans by the evaluation committee will be submitted to the Residency Program Committee for its approval. RPC would review, modify and approve the report for submission to PGME.
Version 1.1 Dated: November 15, 2016
Prepared by: Dr. Muzafar Gani Abdul Wahab
Approved by: The Residency Program Committee, Neonatal Perinatal Medicine
Approved on: November 15, 2016
|Recruitment Subcommittee||Curriculum Subcommittee|
|Competence Subcommittee||Research Subcommittee|