Neonatal Perinatal Medicine Program Residency Program Subcommittee – Curriculum Terms of Reference
1. Monitoring ongoing compliance with, and to advise the Residency Program Committee regarding any such initiatives as may be required or advantageous to maintaining ongoing compliance with the General Standards of Accreditation for Residency Programs, in particular, Standard B.2 Goals and Objectives, and Standard B4 Resources.
2. To implement and monitor all aspects of the residency program pertaining to the Objectives of Training and Specialty Training Requirements in Pediatrics.
3. To develop curriculum map and amend as necessary the mandatory didactic teaching and assessment sessions required in the program, eg. Academic half-day, Simulation, SOE, written test, procedure or skill stations / workshop.
4. To develop ‘new’ curricular initiatives as may be deemed important or advantageous to the program.
5. To implement, monitor and evaluate any such curricular initiatives as may be recommended or approved by the Residency Program Committee.
6. To report to the Residency Program Committee at its regular meetings a summary of its deliberations and discussions, and to bring forward any recommendations requiring the input or approval of the Residency Program Committee.
7. The Subcommittee Chair nominated by the Residency Program Committee will chair the Curriculum Subcommittee with a term of three years. The Sub Committee Chair will form the members of the Subcommittee, which include at least 3 faculty members for three year term and a resident with a term of one year.
8. The Curriculum Sub Committee will meet quarterly or sooner with special meetings at the call of the Chair.
9. The Curriculum Sub Committee Chair submits quarterly report to the Residency Program Committee at the next regular meeting of the RPC.
Version 1.1 Dated: November 15, 2016
Prepared by: Dr. Muzafar Gani Abdul Wahab
Approved by: The Residency Program Committee, Neonatal Perinatal Medicine
Approved on: November 15, 2016
|Recruitment Subcommittee||Curriculum Subcommittee|
|Competence Subcommittee||Research Subcommittee|